Thursday, September 07, 2006

Starting my own Freak Flag


I've been thinking for a few months about letting my hair grow back, or at least that part that still can. A few weeks ago I was teasing the kids, and trying to goad them into something or other. I told them that if they didn't do what I wanted I wouldn't shave or cut my hair until Quent graduates high school. (May 2008) Then they did the unthinkable - They triple dog dared me. Every true man knows that once this gauntlet is thrown down, there is no option but to pick it up.

David Crosby said "I feel like letting my freak flag fly", and what better role model than David Crosby. I've never had long hair even when I had hair. This is probably my last best chance, and I may very well wimp out. So I'm going to keep a photo record of my Freak Flag adventures as you can see by the Flickr.com badge on the left. It may be scary at times, and hopefully funny at times, but certainly a new adventure for all of us.

Technorati Tags: [Freak Flag]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll look for the long-haired freaky person at graduation. I'll be in the crying moms section. We won't be crying about your hair though. Probably.