Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I hate not getting to hate!


Normally when I look forward to a Tennessee football game, I can stock up on venom and hatred as I prepare for the week's game. Gators, Bulldogs, Tigers, even Commodores make my blood boil at the slightest mention. I spend the week before the game thinking up new insults for the mothers, children, and in the case of the 'Dores the favorite authors, of those who dare to step on the field with my Vols. This week that is not possible.

This week Tennessee host the Air Force Falcons. The Falcons represent the fine men and women of the United States Air Force Academy. Lord knows I've tried, but I find it hard to cast aspersions on folks who after the game is over will place their lives on the line so that I might enjoy the freedom needed to cast aspersions. I hope my fellow Volunteer fans will conduct themselves with the proper respect and admiration for our guests, and make everything about their visit to Knoxville, other than the score, enjoyable. Remember, these kids know how to use smart bombs.


Technorati Tags: [Tennessee Volunteers, Football]

No comments: