Thursday, June 28, 2007

My Roo Hoo!

Opening night for Seussical was tonight, and though I'm prejudice, I thought it was great! My Hannah Hoo plays the Sour Kangaroo. It's been quite a while since I've heard her sing, and the girl's got pipes! As she has matured, she's gone from first soprano to a high alto and her voice is so strong.

Hannah has been Hannah Hoo ever since playing Cindy Loo Hoo when she was part of the Knoxville Children's Choir. I am so proud of her! I think her greatest accomplishment has not been any role on stage or achievement in the classroom, but simply her courage to just be herself. One of the things I never expected when my kids were little is that they would one day be my heroes.

BTW, I didn't get to hug Barry's neck. He did a great job playing Thing 1. Hug him for me when you go see the show.

3 comments:

Barry Wallace said...

She's gorgeous (as I knew she would be) and more professional than a lot of older actors I've worked with. It's been a pleasure getting to know her all over again.

Thanks from the Things!

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is very beautiful and talented! I really enjoyed the show! :)

Lane said...

Thank you so much! It great to hear from an objective theater fan.