Sunday, July 01, 2007

Lane's Journey

I recently came across Dr. Lane Cook's blog Journey to Wellness. Dr. Cook's blog documents his journey through prostate cancer. In addition to sharing a first name, I work with Dr. Cook (indirectly) at Cornerstone. It's weird sometimes to hear people refer to a conversation they had with "Lane" about a patient's schizoaffective disorder when I don't know what the hell that is. Then I remember that they are talking about the other Lane, hereafter referred to as Dr. Cook.

In addition to having a great first name, Dr. Cook is also a good writer as I have learned from reading his notes on my patients. I am always impressed that after all the schizowhatever clinical information he provides (after all why spend all that time and money on school if you can't show off a little) he normally includes a very personal as well as accurate impression of his time with the patient. It's obvious he views his time with them as time with a person, and not just a patient.

Thanks to HIPPA you can't read his notes, but you can read his blog.

No comments: