Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Barry Lied

Barry was lamenting a long rehearsal of Seussical and said his mantra was "I love theater, I love theatre..."

I don't think Barry was being honest. I've known Barry since 1994, and watched him work with kids of all ages for a long time. He does a fantastic job. Hannah is in Seussical, and worked with Barry a bunch while we are Bearden UMC. I think Barry puts himself through all this not so much for theater, but for the kids. Now sure, lied is probably too strong a word. Denial may be more accurate. Barry brings the same energy bare whether he's working with a group of kindergarteners or actors at the Oak Ridge Playhouse. Not an easy feat.

Ironically, Hannah's first time on stage was with Barry. We were doing a talent show at church as a fund raiser, and Hannah sang "Tomorrow". She thought Barry messed up, and made him start over. Humor.

Thanks Barry!

Go see Seussical! Or else...

Tish will be there.

7 comments:

Barry Wallace said...

Wow, I had forgotten all about that. What a great memory ;)

You're right. I lied. I love working with kids ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the show! I hope to see you there!

Lane said...

I'll be there Friday and maybe even opening night.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there on Saturday night. If you happen to be around then, look for me! :)

Lane said...

Regrettably, I will be working Saturday night. I work 2 16 hour shifts each weekend.

Sorry that I'll miss you.

Check out the Sour Kangaroo. She's my Hannah Hoo.

Enjoy the show!

Barry Wallace said...

Hmmm....I need to get you guys together... Hmmm

Anonymous said...

I'll look for Hannah! Have a great weekend! Don't work too hard!