Monday, August 14, 2006

World Trade Center Movie

I saw Oliver Stone's World Trade Center yesterday, and it was fantastic! I'm not a big Oliver Stone fan and had even joked prior to seeing the film that I wondered how he would tie in JFK's assassination. For a while there every Oliver Stone film seemed to have something to do with JFK.

But the movie was great all the way around. Through the story of two firemen and their families I found myself thinking about all those that died that day, and those that survived. I was made to think about the WTC disaster in ways I never had. Wonderfully, the movie is almost totally apolitical and our focus is entirely on the lives of the those involved.

Go see it and take your kids that are old enough to see it.

Here are some other reviews.

Technorati Tag: World Trade Center Movie

No comments: