Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Too damn busy being Happy


I've gotten way behind on my happiness postings. I'm not a big TV person, but one of my favorite daily rituals is watching M*A*S*H. The Hallmark channel shows 4 episodes twice daily. If I miss them in the afternoon, I can catch them late at night. The show ran for 11 years and I bet I've seen the whole series from start to finish about 7 or 8 times. We just restarted season 1 this week, and I couldn't be more excited. Hawkeye and Radar are my two favorite characters, but I also really like the way Hotlips Houlihan turns from a nympho, right-winged maniac, into a strong caring woman - Margaret.

Though I have been sober for quite some time, my favorite line is still that uttered by Hawkeye to Colonel Potter upon his arrival.

Col. Potter - "A pair of colorful officers, I must say. I gather you drink?"
Hawkeye - "Only to excess."

M*A*S*H has not been , and in my opinion can not be, surpassed for its combination of wit, intelligence, and compassion. M*A*S*H makes me happy.

Technorati Tags: [MASH, Happiness Challange]

No comments: