Thursday, August 10, 2006

And they called it happiness

It's amazing how much happiness the average pig can bring. There is of course Bar-B-Q, pork chops, and ham, but the highest purpose any swine can aspire to is to have his skin cut into four equal diamonds, sown together, filled with air and placed on a gridiron in the fall. This is the greatest act of self sacrifice in all the animal kingdom - that one pig would give his life for football.

Tonight the first pre-season NFL games are on, and I find myself starting to jones for tailgating, Neyland Stadium, and three hours of Rocky Top. I Love football - that's right, with a capital L - and I love it so much that it is the reason fall is my favorite season of the year. Oh sure, the magnificence of God's beautiful creation bursting into color helps, but football is what makes fall sing.

Football makes me happy!

Technorati Tag: Happiness Challenge

1 comment:

Southern Girl said...

Football makes me happy, too! Go Vols! :)