Saturday, October 07, 2006

Whew Eagles!

I went to beautiful downtown Jefferson City to see daughter Hannah. It was Carson Newman's homecoming. CN tried to give the game away with 5 turnovers, but came back to win with 1 minute left.

I took Clara Grace and we hoped to get to spend some time with Hannah. Gracie got to sit with her for part of the game, but I only saw her for a few seconds. Sometimes seeing someone briefly only reminds you of how much you miss them. But she looked great, and by all appearences is doing well.

I also got to see a few old friends. Susan and Dave Underwood were both students at CN when I was there, and are now professors Underwood. I also got to see Mike Alvis who was one of my photography professors and has in recent years returned to Jefferson City.

I miss my Hannah, but a good day all in all.

No comments: