Monday, July 17, 2006

Who raised this kid?


I got to spend some time with my daughter Hannah this afternoon. She will be headed to Carson Newman in a few weeks, so every moment is bonus. We got some ice cream, dropped off some recycling and just sort of "Chilled" (She hates it when I talk in quotes.) We stopped by Borders, her favorite store, and I came across a bargin rack where each book was $7.99. I gave her a $10 and told her to knock herself out. What does the kid choose? Brittney's latest unauthorized bio? The Dean Koontz book of the week? The South Park Veal Cookbook? NO! The kid gets The Complete Works of Shakespeare. I can now die in peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be thankful! Our only child, a daughter, was given every opportunity growing up and trashed every one. At 29 years old with a 9 year old son (who is wonderful), she lost two fantastic jobs this year because she is a terrible employee. She is now waiting tables at a restaurant/sports bar.

We will, once again, probably have to come to the rescue. If it were not for the grandson we would practice some serious 'tough love' on her. But what can we do? He must be provided for as he is innocent. She is in Nashville now but I expect her to 'bolt' again any day.

So again be thankful.

Barry Wallace said...

That's my Hannah-girl :) I miss your kids a lot, Lane... I was looking forward to seeing Hannah's journey into a young woman, but it looks like she's done just fine. Pass along our congratulations at going to C-N and her literary taste.