Monday, July 24, 2006

What's in a name?


Laura
Originally uploaded by LaneWillson.
Sister Laura will be having her 3rd hoodlum Wednesday morning and she and Brad still have not come up with a name. Speaking for myself, Elbert Lane Willson, IV., one's name can make life interesting to say the least. When asked about being a 4th, I simply tell people that my family is either really lazy or really unimaginative.

We know that little hoodlum Weimar will be a boy, but Laura wants to see him before naming him. Here are some suggestions.

If the delivery is an unusually difficult and painful one, the tyke can be reminded of this daily by naming him Mortimer, Alfonso (spell it with a ph and Z for extra uniqueness), Stymie, Quasimodo (This is what Hannah called Quent prior to his birth), or Aberforth.

You could go with a cute name. My children call their grandmother Rosemary - Rosemommy. Laura's oldest son Hunter referred to himself for quite some time as Huntoe.

I am a man of faith, and as such prefer Biblical names. Therefore, Laura, dear sister, I look forward to welcoming little Nimrod Weimar into the family sometime Wednesday.

No comments: