Monday, August 14, 2006

We now return to our regularly scheduled Happiness

I was in mid happiness post when I got distracted by Denise. I don't even know how I came across her post, but I'll blame Michael Silence. But it got me thinking about things that make me happy. Today has been a weird day, and I've been all over the map as part of the day's happenings. I had lunch with a Jewish friend, and we actually met at his synagogue, I drove by 843 different churches, and finally took my son to soccer practice right next door to the Hindu community center.

Now I'm trying real hard, with limited success, to be a man of faith, and I love it when God uses the spiritual 2 x 4 to remind me of His presence. As I pulled in next to the Hindu community center Exodus 20:2 came to mind "You shall have no other gods before me." The feeling I got (and it was a feeling similar to what Wesley described "my heart strangely warmed") was not "My God can beat up your god" or "If you don't belong to the right deity country club you're going to hell", but instead "Hey, keep your eyes on me, and I'll take care of the rest." That makes life way easier, and faith simple enough for even me to understand. That makes me happy.

Technorati Tags [Happiness Challenge, Faith, Religion]

No comments: