Monday, November 06, 2006

Skipping School

Friday, I was taking Clara Grace to school when it started. "Dad -cough, cough, fake sniffle - I don't feel good." Now I would like to say that I made sure that my daughter's education took precedence over my selfish desire to spend time with my daughter, but that would be a lie. I wimped out and told her she could spend the day at home with dad. No sooner than we get home, she's jumping around the house like Olga Korbut. I explained that when you stay home sick, you have to rest. You can't be playing around. Yeah, right. So I made the energizer bunny come outside and help me rake. We did the whole front yard, 26 bags in all according to Olga. After all the leaves, she seemed to learn her lesson. "Dad, next time I'm sick, I'm just going to go to school." Then we watched three episodes of Jimmy Neutron. It was a good day.

Technorati Tags: [Raking leaves, Skippping school]

No comments: