Monday, November 13, 2006

Book Burning?

I'm moving and I've been packing my books. I am finding there are a whole lot of books I don't need any more and that McKay's won't take so I have no choice but to use them to roast marshmallows.

Here are a few examples of what qualifies kindling: All potty training books (I've almost got that down), anything to do with learning numbers, colors, or the alphabet (at 43 what's the point), the dictionary (who needs Webster when you have spell chekc!) and all books with Disney characters, Barney, Teletubies, Elmo, or Power Rangers.

Here's some idea of books that made the move: Hans Christian Anderson collection, The Stinky Cheese Man, I love You Stinky Face (I'm noticing a trend), old church directories, a financial calculations workbook (I spent 4 days in a cold hotel basement for that and I'm not giving it up), and my collection of Tennessee Football press guide 1983 - 2005.

No comments: