Saturday, May 05, 2007

Yeah, Yeah, Spider-Man 3 Whatever


I went to see Spider-Man 3 today, and its the second best Spidy I've seen. I liked it better than 2, but I still didn't think it eclipsed the original. But in my mind the whole thing was eclipsed by the preview for Across the Universe. With the Beatles as a backdrop for their lives, it follows a group of young people across the 1960's. I'm trying not to get my hopes too high. I'm still seeing a therapist about my Sergeant Pepper's disappointment. It left a deep scar in my youth. (My personal belief is that the Bee Gees were real life Blue Meanies.) Anyway, I can't wait to see Across the Universe.

1 comment:

Barry Wallace said...

I have to take issue with you on the Sgt. Pepper movie, my friend.

I LOVE that movie. It was an important part of my youth, and in addition influenced my future and career.

When it came out, I had taken piano lessons for a while, but really didn't have much interest in it. I might've abandoned seriously playing if I hadn't seen Sgt Pepper on videotape and fell in love with the Beatles songs. I'd never really listened to them that much before, and was amazed.

I bought a book with the sheet music to all the tunes in the movie, bought the soundtrack and learned to play along with the music on the the piano and to sing. That led to me improving to the point I could accompany myself singing, accompany others, etc. If that hadn't happened, I would likely not gotten into music directing or other types of areas I enjoy today.

So, hail SGT PEPPER!